PPF banka publishes its results for 2019
Key highlights in 2019:
- Net profit of CZK 2,088 million;
- The bank’s equity increased by almost 23% year-on-year and amounted to CZK 14.6 billion;
- The bank’s ROE (Return on Equity) stood at 16.0%;
- Total assets stood at CZK 227 billion;
- The bank paid CZK 541 million in income taxes;
- In 2019, the bank donated more than CZK 200 million to philanthropic projects.
“2019 was another successful year in PPF banka’s history. We significantly increased the Bank’s capital and continued to be very active and successful on financial markets,” said Petr Jirásko, PPF banka’s CEO. “We invested heavily in new technologies and projects and were one of the first banks on the Czech market to launch instant payments,” added Petr Jirásko.
PPF banka’s profit after taxation amounted to CZK 2,088 million in 2019. The total comprehensive income amounted to CZK 2,677 million, the highest in the Bank’s history. Assets stood at almost CZK 227 billion at the end of 2019.
PPF banka’s net interest income increased by 18% year-on-year, from CZK 3,468 million in 2018 to CZK 4,112 million in 2019. As in the preceding year, it achieved an excellent result from securities trading, amounting to CZK 605 million in 2019. The volume of client outstandings increased by 7% to CZK 36.9 billion and total assets stood at CZK 227 billion, compared to CZK 235 billion at the end of 2018.